Considered one of the most popular poker variants in the world, in Ultimate Texas Hold’em, players play against the house. This Texas Hold’em poker game is played with a standard 52 card deck. Read our review of this online casino game and see all that it has to offer players.
Many online casinos offer a variety of poker and at Borgata Online you get to choose from some of the best online poker variants. Ultimate Texas Hold’em is a derivative of the well-known Texas Hold’em poker game. A standard 52 card deck is used, and both the player and the dealer are dealt 2 hole cards, while 5 community cards are dealt. The single deck of cards is shuffled after each round. Players have the opportunity to raise, although it can only be done once during each round. After receiving their cards, players must decide whether to Play 4x, Play 3x, or Check. Remember, the earlier players commit to their hand, the more they can win. Most importantly, Ultimate Texas Hold’em is a great way for players to hone their online poker skills.
How to play
The game begins with the player placing an ‘Ante’ bet while the ‘Blind’ bet is placed automatically. The ‘Ante’ and the ‘Blind’ must be of the same value. The dealer will deal 2 hole cards to the player and themselves. The player can view their hole cards and make a decision to ‘Check’ (bet nothing more at this point) or they can place a ‘Play’ bet of 3x or 4x their Ante bet value. One raise is available per round. In Ultimate Texas Hold’em, if the player hasn’t raised until the fourth and the fifth community cards are handed out, they have the option to raise 1x the Ante. Otherwise, they must fold and automatically forfeit their Ante and Blind bet.
Once any Play bet is made and the 5 community cards have been dealt, both the player and dealer can select the 5 cards from their own hole cards and the 5 community cards that will give them the strongest poker hand. Their hands are compared and the best hand wins.
The dealer is required to have at least a pair to have a qualifying hand. If not, the player’s Ante bet is returned to them.
Ultimate Texas Hold’em uses simple graphics while still affording players the chance to feel as though they’re playing at a real-life Texas Hold’em poker table. The game is played on a blue felt table with the chips and cards on the screen. The classic casino table has the look and feel of the poker tables in Las Vegas. Thanks to the simple and effective layout of the table, players can expect a smooth and easy gameplay experience.
Ultimate Texas Hold’em is a firm favorite because it is the closest players can get to playing real high stakes poker — when it is limited to just playing against the dealer.
Players are paid out according to their hand, which is common in all poker games. Here’s what each hand means:
- Royal flush: Ace, King, Queen, Jack, 10 all of the same suit.
- Straight flush: Five numerically adjacent cards with the same suit. If both the player and dealer have a straight flush, the hand with the highest card is the winner.
- Four of a Kind: Four cards of matching rank (eg. 8 of Hearts, Clubs, Diamonds, and Spades).
- Full house: Three cards of the same rank and two cards of a different but matching rank (eg. 7 of Hearts, Clubs, and Diamonds, and 10 of Spades and Hearts).
- Flush: Five cards of the same suit (Eg. Ace, 8, 5, 2, and Queen of Spades).
- Three of a Kind: Three cards of the same rank with 2 unmatched cards (eg. 9 of Spades, Clubs, and Hearts with any two other cards that are not the 9 of Diamonds or a matching pair).
- Two pairs: Two sets of two cards with a matching rank and one unmatched card.
- Pairs: Two cards of matching rank with three unmatched cards.
- High Card: Any five unmatched cards ranked as the highest card (eg. 5 of Spades, 9 of Clubs, 7 of Clubs, 2 of Hearts, and Ace of Diamonds would be considered ‘Ace High’)
Bonuses & jackpots
Players can also take advantage of the ‘Trips’ bet in Ultimate Texas Hold’em. It is a side bet that allows players with a good hand which is still weaker than the dealers, to win some of the money. The bets are won according to the value of the player’s hand and doesn’t factor in whether you beat the dealer.
Take a look at the Trips paytable below:
- Royal flush – 50:1
- Straight flush – 40:1
- Four of a Kind – 30:1
- Full House – 30:1
- Straight – 4:1
- Three of a Kind – 3:1
- All Other – 1
Of course, this is an optional bet and players can choose to make this bet before the hand starts to pay. However, it’s nice to know that you can receive an extra bonus, should you hit a big hand. Depending on the online casino, Ultimate Texas Hold’em features a progressive jackpot and hole card bonus too.
Players who love the classic table games will have an absolute blast with the scintillating games available at Borgata Online. Here are some incredible classic casino games worth playing:
Play online casino games at Borgata Online
For the best online casino experience, sign up with Borgata Online. We provide a wide variety of slots, table games, and more. If you’re looking for incredible live casino action, you’ll find it at Borgata Online. Download our casino games app and experience smooth gameplay on your mobile device.