There’s no doubt that technology is advancing at an incredible exponential rate, and gamers aren’t being left behind. More powerful gaming systems, new software, and groundbreaking technologies are constantly appearing, much to the benefit of gamers around the world.
Whether you like casino games, console or PC gaming, or even escaping into virtual reality, there’s a lot to look forward to in 2021 and 2022. Join us as we take a look at five cool new tech developments in the gaming space!
1. Incredible new gaming laptops
There was a time when gaming laptops were simply unable to offer the performance of high-end gaming PCs. While it’s safe to say that an ultra-fast gaming desktop will still beat a cutting-edge gaming laptop, the experience that modern gaming laptops offer today is almost unbelievable. Thanks to the latest CPU technology from AMD and Intel, graphics advancements from AMD and Nvidia, and developments in other technologies, you can now enjoy a very high-quality gaming experience on a laptop device!
Consider the Lenovo Legion 7, which was shown off at this year’s CES technology convention. It sports a 16-inch, 165Hz, and 1440p display, and comes with the latest Ryzen 5000 and Nvidia 3000 series chips. Or the Razer Blade 15, which comes equipped with the latest Intel CPU, Nvidia 3000 GPU, and a display that may be only 1080p, but has a whopping 360Hz refresh rate for unbelievably smooth gaming.
If you’re a PC gamer who likes to move around, there’s no doubt that laptop gaming is entering a completely new era. And who knows, there might come a time when we throw away our desktop machines for laptop devices that you can easily slip into a backpack?
2. Mobile-gaming phones close the gap on gaming PCs and consoles
Just like gaming laptops, we’re also seeing massive steps forward in gaming technology for mobile phones. Cutting-edge gaming phones such as the Asus ROG Phone 5 come equipped with the latest 8-core mobile CPUs, power GPUs, and enough RAM to make even PC gamers jealous! Not only that, but mobile phone displays are also taking massive leaps forward, both in terms of resolution and speed, with gaming phones matching some computer gaming monitors (a remarkably impressive feat for such a small device.) While these specs may be a bit overkill just to run a casino games app, it’s nice to know that the extra power is there, should you need it.
3. Unreal Engine 5
Faster gaming machines aren’t the only thing to get excited about. There’s a lot to look forward to on the software side as well. The YouTube video above demonstrates the latest graphics and advancements from developer Epic Game’s new video-game engine, Unreal Engine 5.
This new game-development tool offers major improvements, including:
- Lumen, a lighting system that reacts instantly to changes within the game world – Lighting systems are no longer static, pre-programed systems, but organic, reacting in real time to shifts in the environment and players’ actions. Whether it’s turning a light on or off, making the quality of light change due to the passage of time, or animating an exploding spaceship, this engine can create never-before-seen lighting effects on the go.
- Even greater detail with Nanite, a completely new geometry system – This engine can also recreate Hollywood-level visual effects on the fly, thanks to an intelligent rendering system that uses micropolygons. It also understands what the player can actually see in the game more intelligently, reducing the resources required to create stunning and beautiful worlds.
- Next-generation shadows – With a completely new lighting system comes a totally fresh way to create shadows over varying distances. That’s right: gamers will immediately notice how shadows change depending on how close or far you are, even in the latest cutting-edge titles. Unreal Engine 5’s new Virtual Shadow Maps eliminate this sometimes jarring transition between shadow effects by rendering more realistic shadows using a single system, without needing massive amounts of resources.
Its predecessor, Unreal Engine 4, has been used in hundreds of games, including Gears 5, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Dragon Ball FighterZ, Borderlands 3, Street Fighter V, and Epic’s own mega-popular action title, Fortnite. This is testament to the engine’s flexibility, not only when it comes to graphics, but also the kind of games it can produce, and undoubtedly bodes well for the latest version of this excellent game-development tool.
4. Project Brooklyn
Even if you think gaming chairs are overkill (or you just don’t need one to enjoy casino slot games and casino table games), there’s clearly a market for comfortable seating. But Project Brooklyn doesn’t just provide an extremely luxurious way to sit, it also includes an incredible unfoldable 60in rollout OLED display, providing you with a truly panoramic gaming experience, plus haptic feedback, so you feel the game through the chair! And naturally, what type of gaming device would it be without some awesome RGB lighting?
5. Impulse Neural Controller
Imagine playing online slots at a real online casino and barely even having to lift a finger? The Impulse Neuro-controller is a new device that you strap onto your hand that reads electrical impulses along your muscles, improving your response time by registering a click before your finger has even pushed the button on your mouse! While this may not be necessary for some titles, it will undoubtedly be a welcome addition to any gamer’s toolkit for games where every second counts.
Enjoy online casino games any time
While all this gaming technology is undoubtedly something to look forward to, you don’t have to wait if you want to enjoy real casino games at the best online casino, Borgata Online. Here, we offer players an excellent range of games: from live dealer and jackpot slots to table and variety games, there’s so much for you to explore!
To play these exciting games, and take advantage of our promotional offers, register at Borgata Online.