If you’re looking for a high variance video poker game, you’ve come to the right place! Game King Double Double Bonus Poker is a fun and engaging online casino game available at Borgata Online. This quintessential land-based video poker variant provides online poker players with envious paytables. Before you sit down and play poker online, let’s review this sensational casino table game.
Players who enjoyed this video poker variant at land-based casinos can now play it online. Double Double Bonus Poker is a 5-card poker game and is known for having one of the most aggressive pay structures available. If you’re new to video poker, Double Double Bonus Poker might sound like a mouthful. However, you shouldn’t be alarmed as the gameplay is similar to one of the simplest casino games — Jacks or Better. Double Double Bonus Poker is ideal for online poker players who are after huge payouts in a single hand. The game does this by putting a premium on all four-of-a-kind hands.
How to play
The aim of any video poker game is to build the best hand relative to the paytable. Of course, some variations of video poker online will add some twists to its gameplay to make things more interesting. The cards are dealt from one deck of standard playing cards, which is shuffled for each game.
Here’s how to play Double Double Bonus Poker at an online casino:
- The game begins when the player places a bet. “Bet Up” or “Bet Down” to select the preferred stake.
- Press “DEAL” to receive your starting hand (five cards).
- Click the “HOLD” button on the cards that you would like to keep (if any).
- Click the “DRAW” button to replace the cards that you do not want to keep.
To hold or unhold cards, players should click on one card at a time. Click and drag across cards and press keys 1, 2, 3, 4 and/or 5.
Players should take note of the video poker hand rankings, which are as follows:
- Royal Flush: 10, J, Q, K, A in one suit
- Straight Flush: Five cards in consecutive ranks in one suit
- Four Aces with 2–4: Four Aces with 2, 3 or 4
- Four 2–4 with A–4: Four 2s, Four 3s, or Four 4s with A, 2, 3 or 4
- Four Aces: Four Aces
- Four 2s, 3s, 4s: Four 2s, Four 3s or 4s
- Four 5s Through Kings: Four 5s, Four 6s, Four 7s, Four 8s, Four 9s, Four 10s, Four Js, Four Qs or Four Ks
- Full House: Three cards in one rank, two cards in another rank
- Flush: Five cards in one suit
- Straight: Five cards in consecutive ranks
- Three of a Kind: Three cards in one rank
- Two Pair: Two cards in one rank, two cards in another rank
- Jacks or Better: Two cards in one rank (J, Q, K or A)
In Double Double Bonus Poker, players will be aiming for the bonus hands, which pay more than the straight flush.
The simple graphics make it easy to play Double Double Bonus Poker on any device. Players also have the option of changing the background color of the game interface. In this online casino game, players can select the speed of the “DEAL” and “DRAW” animations. There’s also the option to select different quality settings to optimize gameplay settings.
In Double Double Bonus Poker, players are encouraged to place the maximum bet — this will mean winning big if you are dealt a royal flush. When it comes to great features, we have to use Jacks or Better as a reference. In Jacks or Better, the payout for a four-of-a-kind is 25 to 1 — regardless of the bet the player placed and the cards involved. In Double Double Bonus Poker, players are awarded 50 to 1 for a four-of-a-kind.
Another important factor to be aware of is the kicker. A kicker is an odd card out in a four-of-a-kind hand. It may be used to break ties between hands of the same rank.
Here’s the Double Double Bonus Poker paytable to help you understand what each hand is worth:
- Royal Flush: 800 (250 if fewer than five coins are placed on the bet)
- Four Aces with a 2, 3 or 4 Kicker: 400
- Four 2s, 3s, or 4s with an Ace, 2, 3 or 4 Kicker: 160
- Four Aces with a 5-King Kicker: 160
- Straight Flush: 50
- Four of a Kind 2s, 3s and 4s with a 5-King Kicker: 80
- Four of a Kind 5s through Kings: 50
- Full House: 10
- Flush: 6
- Straight: 5
- Three of a Kind: 3
- Two Pair: 1
- Pair of Jacks or Higher: 1
Players should be aware of the unusual plays in this video poker variant before playing.
Bonuses & jackpots
Double Double Bonus Poker has an added bonus for quad Aces, 2s, 3s and 4s when the fifth card is also an Ace, 2, 3 or 4. Players can take their chances on a single hand by opting to double their wins in the Double or Nothing Bonus Round. In this bonus round, players must get a card that is higher than the dealer’s card. This option is only available if the player has a winning hand. Players will be dealt four cards face-down and will need to pick one card. If the card chosen is higher than the dealer’s card, the player’s winnings will be doubled. This is a great way to keep maximizing all winnings.
If video poker games such as Game King Double Double Bonus Poker are your favorite casino games to play, visit Borgata Online and choose from a wide variety of classic games. You’ll get to play some of the best online poker games and many more casino table games, including:
Play real poker online at Borgata Online
Are you looking for the best online casino to play real poker? Join Borgata Online and experience the thrill of our wide variety of poker variants. But wait, there’s more! We have the best online slots, live casino, and classic table games. Download our casino games app and play the best Borgata Online casino games on the go. What are you waiting for? Come along and play slots online and a wide variety of casino table game variations. There’s so much to enjoy!